This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Medical examinations and certificates for certain items are not covered by the NHS and attract a special fee to be paid by the patient. These include Driving (HGV,PSV, Elderly), Sports medical, life assurance, and employment examinations, insurance claims, School Certificates, and Letters re Housing.


If you are unable to work please obtain a Self Certificate either from your Employer or from the Practice.  This certificate will cover you for sickness for 6 working days.  If your employer will not accept a self-certificate please ask your Doctor for a private certificate, which will involve a payment. 

If you are unable to return to work following the 6 days please make an appointment to see a Doctor with a view to obtaining a further certificate

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website