Statement of Intent
Stillmoor House Medical Practice has been providing medical care to the local population of Bodmin since 1959. We are a partnership of 6 GPs and aim to offer quality family medicine for all our registered patients.
The practice is located in the centre of Bodmin, which is itself centrally located within Cornwall, and is accessible to all parts of the county. Bodmin was originally the county town of Cornwall, until the law courts moved to Truro.
Stillmoor House offers NHS medical care under the NHS General Medical Services (GMS) contract. We do offer some additional services such as minor operations, travel vaccinations, stop smoking clinics and insurance medicals, but focus mainly on NHS primary care services.
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) regulations 2010, we are registered for the following activities:
- Treatment of disease, disorder, or injury
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Surgical procedures
- Family Planning Services
- Maternity and midwifery services
All these activities are carried out at our main surgery premises in Bodmin.
- Doctors’ consultation services (DCS)
- Doctors’ treatment services (DTS)
Registered Manager details:
Dr R J Rushton
Stillmoor House Medical Practice
Aims and Objectives
At Stillmoor House Medical Practice our aim is to provide excellent quality care for patients from birth through to the end of life. We strive to achieve a high standard of medicine, and if treatments or opinions are required from our colleagues in secondary care, this can be arranged allowing for patient choice.
We are a non-discriminatory organisation, treating patients, service users and staff with dignity and respect.
Excellent staffing is central to the provision of quality patient care and we have an on-going commitment to developing key skills allowing staff to achieve their full potential.
Our commitment to you
We aim to provide care with privacy and choice, ensuring the following:
- Safe and clean premises
- A friendly and efficient team
- An understanding of individuals needs, recognising social and cultural differences, values and beliefs
- Involving patients in decisions about their treatment and care, promoting independence wherever possible
- Patient information about health related matters that is clear and appropriate