Good news! Our practice has access to more COVID19 vaccine stock arriving next week of Pfizer Covid 19 vaccinations which is first being offered to patients who meet the following criteria.
- You must be a patient of our practice
- Aged 81 or over (if we have enough vaccine to call our 80 year olds we will – more vaccine is coming)
- Are not currently suffering from symptoms of covid 19
- Have not already been advised to self-isolate on the clinic dates due to possible exposure to covid 19
- Are able to travel to Bodmin Treatment Centre, Boundary Road, Bodmin PL31 2QT (on the Bodmin Hospital site) to receive your vaccination (NB: limited toilet facility)
- Are able to walk a short distance from a car park into the building or get dropped by someone who can wait to collect you after your vaccination which will usually take between 20-30 mins
Housebound patients will be contacted separately in due course – you are not forgotten.
If you meet all of the above, then we will be able to book you an appointment one of two ways:
- Where we have a mobile phone number recorded on your record we will send you a text with a link to book your appointment – please use this method if possible to relieve pressure on our phone lines)
- All other patients aged 81 or above, we will be ringing you – please do not ring us. Our main phone lines need to be accessible for patient care and we have specific staff ringing on other lines to book your covid vaccination appointment. We cannot book ALL of you straight away and we may find that we need to book some of you at a slightly later date when yet another supply is received – but please don’t worry. Supplies are coming quicker and quicker and even if we don’t get to speaking to you before these particular appointments fill up, we anticipate opening up more clinics very soon after, but obviously can only do so when we are certain we will have enough vaccine in stock.
This current set of appointments are available from Tuesday 12th January right through to Sunday 17th January which will be delivered at:
BODMIN TREATMENT CENTRE
PL31 2QT (on the Bodmin Hospital site).
More appointments will be available very soon after – we are just awaiting absolute confirmation of the next delivery so please don’t worry.
Please do not ring Bodmin Hospital to make enquiries about this vaccination programme. Your GP surgery will be able to answer your query.